Employment as a Flight Attendant with Hawaiian Air, Hawaii’s largest airline is based on the business needs. Recruiting only once or twice a year, if you want a job with these guys you’ll have to stay tuned with my FAAN ezine for news as it comes to me or re-visit their website (opens in a new window) as they will only accept applications for OPEN positions only not to keep on file.
In addition to the ‘normal’ basic flight attendant requirements you will have to have the following slightly ‘airline specific’ qualities and qualifications:
• Vision correctable to 20/50 or better for both eyes
• Fluency in English with ability to also speak fluently in Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, French, Samoan, Spanish, Tagalog, Ilocano, or Korean for Language Qualified Positions
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to meet rigorous physical requirements of duties, including pushing and pulling up to 150 lbs
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. from floor to above shoulder height
• Must have a vertical reach of 80”
• No visible tattoos – visible is considered from the neck up, short sleeves down to fingertips and hemline (skirts and pants) to where uniform shoes begin
• Able to attend a 6 week unpaid intensive training program in Honolulu
While flight attendant careers .com does not normally cite other job opportunities, with Hawaiian Airlines being a smaller and somewhat unique operator, it is sometimes a matter of doing what it takes to get on the inside so that a transfer from one job to that of flight attendant becomes a greater possibility for you.
Other possible employment positions include: Customer Service Agent, Ramp agent or Cleaner to name just three. Now don’t scoff at any of this because if your keen these are three great possible entry points. Others are available via their careers information page if you want to look further.
Operating 35 aircraft the fleet includes 2x A320 aircraft and 33x Boeing aircraft being the B-717-200, the B-767-300ER with various seat count configurations and the B-767-300EM seating 294 seats.
Employing nearly 4000 employees and operating some 195 flights daily, Hawaiian air flys scheduled interisland services daily to Lihue, Kauai; Kahului, Maui; Kona and Hilo, Hawaii. It also code-shares services daily to Molokai, Lanai, and West Maui via Island Air.
The Western U.S and Transpacific destinations are also serviced
• Western U.S. destinations being: Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, and San Jose California; Las Vegas, Nevada; Phoenix, Arizona; Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington.
• Transpacific destinations being: Pago Pago, American Samoa; Sydney, Australia; Manila, Philippines; Incheon/Seoul, South Korea; and Papeete and Tahiti.
Their mission is to grow a profitable airline with a passion for excellence with their customers, our people and the spirit of Hawai’i with stated values are integrity, people, achievement, accountability, passion and teamwork.
Their overall Vision is to be the Number One destination carrier serving Hawai’i and have received many awards and special recognitions over many years.
Does a career with an idealic airline such as Hawaiin Air appeal to you?
More information on Hawaiin Air Flight Attendant jobs and career availability with every other airline on this web site plus access to the Ultimate Video Training Package for Flight Attendants can now be accessed at the AirlinesTrainingOnline.com website and extend the invite given to you below:
To the top of Hawaiian air