Gulf Air Careers – An Air of Flying Opportunity
Gulf Air Careers have been opportune for a long time altho' they've seen increasing demand of late. Founded in 1950, Gulf Air is the flag carrier of the Kingdom of Bahrain is also owned by the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Bahrain is situated in the Arabian Gulf and part of an archipelago made up of 33 islands which is located midway between the Saudi Arabian mainland, 25 km to the east and the tip of the Qatar Peninsula to the south.
Comprising 28 aircraft, the airlines network covers over 40 cities in 26 countries. The brand and service ethos adheres strongly to and reflects the geographic and cultural values of its people and geography.
The airline is in a phase of restructuring its operations with new management and programs to bolster its current status and planned market share in part driven by innovative gulf air careers on board, two of which are the award winning Sky Chefs and Sky Nannies. Gulf Air’s onboard service aims to cater for the very discerning traveller with high quality products and services.
Being centrally placed among the states of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), which includes Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, the airline is considered local to almost 700,000 nationals and expatriates. The official language of Kingdom of Bahrain is Arabic (Gulf dialect), although English is widely spoken and taught in schools as a second language. Farsi and Urdu are also common dialects.
The country is rich in the natural resources of oil, natural gas, fish, pearls and has an arid climate with mild, pleasant winters with maximum temperatures average 20-30C (68-86F) but this turns to being very hot and humid from May-September with average temperatures ranging from 30-40 C (86-104 F).
Bahrain is considered to be very hospitable, open-minded and friendly to all peoples and could be thought of as one of the most liberal and modern Arabian Gulf states.
Gulf Air Careers - working with Gulf Air
Gulf Air state that they are a people organisation and their modus is to attract and build an effective pool of talented human resources tuned to the airline business. Their objective is to become an employer of choice by creating one of the best working environments in the Middle East.
Applicants taking up Gulf Air Careers receive training in all areas including management, leadership and other essential skills necessary to developing both their own career and to also be able contribute effectively to the company’s ongoing and growing success.
In addition, you are paid what is termed a highly attractive remuneration package including benefits. The level of benefits you receive varies according to your position within the company and should you apply to them as a flight attendant they will make these exact benefits clear to you during the recruitment process.
Typical benefits and advantages that you will receive as a Gulf Air Careers holder however are:
• Primary medical care to you and your family provided by their own team of aviation medical officers, nurses and dentists
• World-class airline privileges such as concessional airline tickets for yourself and partner. An additional free annual leave ticket to go home every year
• Discounted air travel with Gulf Air and various other airlines giving you the choice of a worldwide network of travel destinations
• Cargo concessions for your essential items
• A generous tax free salary and additional allowances
• An end-of-service benefit dependant on your length of employment
• Comprehensive life insurance - applicable 24 hours a day in addition to personal accident insurance with worldwide coverage also 24 hours a day
• Generous annual leave entitlements in conjunction with the flexibility to take unpaid time off
• Paid sick leave
• Subsidised sports and social facilities
• Discounted shopping
• Discounted insurance for your personal belongings
Gulf Air Careers - how to Apply to Gulf Air as a Flight Attendant
NOTE: Gulf Air Careers do not accept hard copy CV’s. You can only apply online via their web site.
Applying online for a flight attendant position check list
• You must be aged between 20-30 years of age
• You have an excellent career history in delivering the highest quality of customer service relative and adaptable to the aircraft environment
• You possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
• You have empathy, understanding and genuine cultural sensitivities and appreciation
• You have excellent personal presentation and grooming standards that will reflect and complement the Gulf Air brand
• You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• You are not required to have previous industry experience as Gulf Air will provide all the necessary training to become a fully fledged Flight Attendant
• You are over 5 feet 3 inches (1.58m) tall with weight in proportion
• You are able to swim a minimum of 50m unaided
• You’ve never been convicted of a serious criminal offence
• You are not suffering from any illness that would restrict you from flying duties as deemed by an aviation medical doctor
• You do not have a birth marks or tattoo that would be visible whilst in uniform
• You are single with no children (Females only)
• You are fluent in written and spoken English
• You are willing to take a full medical which includes an HIV test and drug screening
If you meet the position check list
1. Click on APPLY
2. Choose a user name and a password
3. Complete the online application form with your personal details
4. Attach a passport size and full-length photograph. Make sure you have them saved and ready to attach
NOTE: The system will not accept large files. Save your photos in GIF/JPEG format not exceeding 300 KB each.
5. Attach your Curriculum Vitae (CV). Make sure it is understandable, well organised, formatted well and up to date.
NOTE 1: Step 1 of the
AFAA 3-step system
explains in great detail about how to set your resume out, font type and size to use, signatory to use etc
NOTE 2: You can only upload the following file types:
Word (.doc), Rich Text (.rtf), Excel (.xls), HTML (.htm), Acrobat (.pdf) and plain text (.txt). Also be reminded that the maximum acceptable file size is 200 KB.
Your CV will be screened and short listed if you present the level of qualifications required. This may take up to 6 months. If you are notified to the contrary you will not be able to reapply for a period of 6 months from notification.
If you are successful you will be contacted to arrange an interview for further screening. You will then be able to ask any additional questions you may have regarding the flight attendant position.
Gulf Air Careers - Preparing for your interview
Now this is some of the best common sense advice that I have seen an Airline company put on their website. It’s so to the point and exactly the point I try to get across to every new start flight attendant wannbe and the whole reason that I put this site and the AFAA 3-step system together. I therefore have quoted the next headline and 4 points.
If you have been scheduled and confirmed to attend an interview, make sure you prepare yourself well for the day. The following tips could be helpful:
• Have a comprehensive idea about the position you will be interviewed for
• Anticipate the kind of questions that could be asked on that day and prepare sufficient and reasonable answers
• Visit our web homepage (www.gulfair.com), to get more information about Gulf Air and Gulf Air Careers
• Review your CV
What happens if you are successful at you interviews and become a flight attendant with Gulf Air?
• You will be met upon arrival at the airport
• A welfare Officer from their Flight Attendant department will meet and brief you on the induction process
• You will then be accommodated in shared guest accommodation during your training period until you graduate. You will then receive permanent company arranged fully furnished accommodation to share with one or two of your training school colleagues. All apartment buildings are located within the city centre and are reasonably close to the airport for your convenience
• Your training course will be two months long. It is divided into two main categories of Cabin Crew Services and Safety and Emergency Procedures (SEP)
• Gulf Air will provide company transport to and from your home to training school
• At the end of 8 weeks, trusting that you have passed your exams you are a flying 'buddy' will fly with you one month help you to line and gain real life knowledge and required confidence to be ‘released to line on your own
• At the end of your contract and depending on your performance, there is possibility to extend your stay with Gulf Air in either a flying or other Gulf Air Careers job opportunity that may be available
More information on Gulf Air Flight Attendant jobs and career availability with every other airline on this web site can be obtained via the Flight Attendant Careers Airline News Ezine.
PS: (More links will be sent to you as they are added)
Need interview help? Dress to impress, how to answer your interview questions, be prepared...
Click to follow the AFAA 3-step system
To the top of Gulf Air Careers